Keywords on Amazon
Keywords are useful for the seller, because a good choice of them helps to position, and for the buyer, who easily accesses what he wants to buy. To choose them, the first thing is to determine what search would be carried out by a user who wants to end up acquiring our product.
It is interesting to include words that have at least 50 searches per month. In addition, we must give importance to the longtail – the sequence of three or more words – that best describe and position an article. There are tools that help identify keywords and secondary keywords on this platform, such as Sistrix Amazon Keyword Tool or Sonar Tool.
SEO elements for optimization on Amazon
- The title. All keywords in the title are analysed at the time of search. As for the length, a maximum of 120 characters is usually recommended. You also have to know that the order of the keywords of the title does not affect the optimization, although in its writing you must include the product, the brand, the model, the quantity, and some other relevant detail.
- SEO attributes. Amazon allows you to use five attributes per item, with a maximum of 200 words. In this way, we can extend more than in the title and introduce new keywords that help position ourselves and convince customers.
- The SEO description on Amazon. It is the perfect opportunity to finish describing our product, as well as being the time to highlight, in more detail, the keywords used in the title of the same. The description benefits at the time of the ranking that Amazon brings to users when they do a search.
- The images. The more variety of photographs there are associated with an article and the better described they are, the more conversion rate they will generate for the company. Here, it is essential to pay special attention to the image policy that the marketplace has.
- Additional services. Especially the account on Amazon Fullfillment. The advantage for the seller is that it is the platform that does the storage, packaging, transport and customer service tasks. In these cases, the profit margin suffers, but in return, in addition to facilitating the sales work, it improves your positioning and, with it, your sales.
The importance of a good opinion on Amazon
Feedback with customers always translates into better positioning, in addition to creating a climate of trust with potential customers. Therefore, it is important to follow these guidelines:
- Track orders and after-sales process.
- Respond to comments, whether positive or negative.
- Ask for a recommendation at checkout.